Join us as we celebrate our 21st year! Women’s Service Day 2022 is planned for Thursday, October 6, and it’s time to sign up! To be a part of this West Michigan day of volunteering and networking, please register by September 27.
New this year! If you’re on the east side of the state, consider joining the Southeast MI sister event! Read about it and register through this link.
How to Register
We’re again using online registration by Sign Up Genius, which allows you to choose specifically where and when you’d like to volunteer on Women’s Service Day. Volunteer opportunities are limited; they’ll be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Safety is our priority! We follow CDC and State of Michigan DHHS guidelines for recommended protocols
Please keep two things in mind: Most agencies require that volunteers be 18 or older; look for notes on the few that are available to younger volunteers. And because some of our volunteers have physical limitations, please choose options that align with your capabilities.
If you’re not familiar with Sign Up Genius, just follow these four easy steps:
- GO TO THE FORM: Click here to go to the WSD 2022 Registration Form on Sign Up Genius.
- CHOOSE YOUR ASSIGNMENT: Click on the green “Sign Up” button next to a volunteer opportunity you’d like to do. To volunteer all day, choose both a morning and an afternoon assignment.
- If you have a physical limitation and don’t see an appropriate task for your abilities on the list, please contact us at email@example.com. We definitely have a place for you!
- Once you’ve picked your assignment(s), click on the big purple “Submit and Sign Up” button.
- SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT: Create a Sign Up Genius account (or log in if you already have one). This will allow you to get email reminders and other important messages about the event.
- Complete the remaining questions on the form and click the big green “SIGN UP NOW” button.
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: You’re now all set for WSD on October 6! We’re counting on you, so make sure you add your assignment(s) to your calendar.
- And by all means, please invite your friends to sign up — the more the merrier!
Pleasenote that we may add more volunteer activities in the next few weeks, so feel free to check back and see what’s new.
Once you sign-up, you’ll receive confirmation that we’ve received your information, and you’ll be on an email distribution list for future event communications. Remember, we’re counting on you! We plan our agency projects based on the number of registrants, so please be sure it’s on your calendar.
What to Expect on October 6
We are so excited for your enthusiastic participation on Women’s Service Day this year. Here’s what to expect….
For a morning or all-day session, plan to arrive at your worksite in Holland at 8:30 a.m (or 9 am if volunteering with Kids Food Basket). For an afternoon session, plan to arrive at our lunch location by noon for a celebration lunch. A $10 donation will cover your lunch.
We’ll hold a raffle to support Eighth Day Farm. Proceeds from our raffle (tickets are $5 or 3 for $12; or $10 or 3 for $25) will support Eighth Day Farm in providing donating fresh, locally grown produce to Community Action House and their Food Club. Bring your wallet!
We’ll also collect items to donate to Period Project 49423. Here are the items they need the most:
1. Summer’s Eve Cleansing Cloths-individually wrapped wipes
2. Always Radiant Teen Pads
3. Tampax Radiant Tampons regular absorbency-unscented
Watch for additional details about our event in future blog posts!
E-mail the Women’s Service Day Planning Committee or visit our 2022 Event page. Or visit our website, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for more information. Let’s keep making a difference in our community!