Join us as we celebrate our eighteenth year! Women’s Service Day 2019 is planned for Thursday, October 3, and it’s time to sign up! To be a part of this day of volunteering and networking, please register by September 25.
How to Register
We’re again using online registration by Sign Up Genius, which allows you to choose specifically where and when you’d like to volunteer on Women’s Service Day. Volunteer opportunities are limited; they’ll be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please keep two things in mind: Most agencies require that volunteers be 18 or older; look for notes on the few that are available to younger volunteers. And because some of our volunteers have physical limitations, please choose options that align with your capabilities.
If you’re not familiar with Sign Up Genius, just follow these four easy steps:
- GO TO THE FORM: Click here to go to the WSD 2019 Registration Form on Sign Up Genius.
- CHOOSE YOUR ASSIGNMENT: Click on the green “Sign Up” button next to a volunteer opportunity you’d like to do. To volunteer all day, choose both a morning and an afternoon assignment.
- If you have a physical limitation and don’t see an appropriate task for your abilities on the list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We definitely have a place for you!
- Got leadership skills? Consider signing up to be the leader of a volunteer crew. Read more about crew leader expectation and responsibilities.
- Once you’ve picked your assignment(s), click on the big purple “Submit and Sign Up” button.
- SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT: Create a Sign Up Genius account (or log in if you already have one). This will allow you to get email reminders and other important messages about the event.
- Complete the remaining questions on the form and click the big green “SIGN UP NOW” button.
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: You’re now all set for WSD on October 3! We’re counting on you, so make sure you add your assignment(s) to your calendar.
- And by all means, please invite your friends to sign up — the more the merrier!
Please note that we may add more volunteer activities in the next few weeks, so feel free to check back and see what’s new.
What to Expect on October 3
We are so excited for your enthusiastic participation on Women’s Service Day this year. Here’s what to expect….
For a morning or all-day session, plan to arrive at your worksite in Holland promptly by 8:30 a.m. For an afternoon session, plan to arrive at Hope Church by noon, where we’ll gather for a celebration lunch (for which we ask a $5 donation).
We’ll be holding a raffle/auction to help support Hope Pkgs, which provides “first night bags” of essential items like pajamas and a toothbrush for kids entering foster care. Bring your wallet!
We’ll also collect items to donate to Community Action House, which provides area families and individuals with food, clothing, shelter, and skill-building opportunities to achieve stable and prosperous lives. We’ll gather donations of toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo, body soap, toothpaste, and feminine hygiene products.
And, we’re bringing back the WSD T-shirt fundraiser sale! Choose from five styles to celebrate your participation in Women’s Service Day and the investment of thousands of hours by hundreds of women in the Holland/Zeeland community! Prices vary by item, but all funds raised will support Hope Pkgs.
Go to Custom Ink to order your shirt by Friday, September 13. Choose to have your shirt shipped to you directly (shipping charges apply) or pick it up at Hope Church on October 3.
Hope Church has a parking lot, but if it is full, you may also park across the street to the north at First United Methodist (57 W. 10th Street, between Pine and River).