We are so excited for your enthusiastic participation on Women’s Service Day this year!
Here’s what to expect:
- Please review your SignUpGenius communications to be sure you know what clothing or equipment might be helpful to your specific assignment.
- For a morning or all-day crew, plan to arrive at your worksite in Holland at 8:30 a.m (or 9 a.m. if volunteering with Kids Food Basket).
- For an afternoon crew, plan to arrive at our lunch location by noon for a celebration lunch. If you are unable to attend the luncheon, please arrive at your worksite by 1:30 p.m.
Our lunch celebration will be from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hope Church, centrally located at 77 West Eleventh Street in Holland (between River and Pine Avenues, just south of downtown Holland and west of Centennial Park).
Note that Pine Avenue is closed for construction from 10th Street south. Enter 10th Street from the east to park on the street or in the church parking lot, or park in the west lot (furthest from the building) of the United Methodist church, just north of Hope Church between 9th and 10th Streets. Overflow parking is available in the back lot of the Methodist Church across the street from Hope church. Please do not park in the front lot of the Methodist Church.
A $10 donation will cover your lunch, with any surplus to be donated to Eighth Day Farm.
We’ll hold a raffle to support Eighth Day Farm. Proceeds from our raffle (tickets are $5 or 3 for $12; or $10 each or 3 for $25) will support Eighth Day Farm in providing donated fresh, locally grown produce to Community Action House and their Food Club. Bring your wallet! (We’ll accept cash, check, credit card, and Venmo.)
More details on lunch and the charity fundraiser can be found here.
We’ll also collect items to donate to Period Project 49423. Here are the items they need most:
1. Summer’s Eve Cleansing Cloths (individually wrapped wipes)
2. Always Radiant Teen Pads
3. Tampax Radiant Tampons regular absorbency, unscented
See the full wish list of items here. Please bring your donations to lunch! We’ll have boxes ready to collect them.
Last-minute change in plans (sickness, business crisis, etc.)? Please update your registration in SignUpGenius or email us as soon as possible. To contact event organizers the day of the event, call or text Angie at (616) 283-3341.
Follow the day through photos on Facebook and Instagram (@womensserviceday) and updates on Twitter (@womenserviceday). Share your experiences with the hashtag #WSDHolland!
Looking forward to seeing you Thursday!
The Women’s Service Day Organizing Committee
Nancy Corvers, Harris Hof, Marcia Davis, Cindy DeGraaf, Sue Gadbois, Alison Lechner, Lois Maassen, Carolyn Maalouf, Angie Martin, Jill Ryan