Thursday, October 5, 2017
This year Women’s Service Day celebrates its 16th year of serving women and children in our community! The event is planned for Thursday, October 5; mark your calendar now so you’re sure to be free!
We’re looking forward to our continued focus on building community and raising awareness about issues affecting women and children. We do this by providing volunteer service at a number of nonprofit organizations in Holland.
In the past, we’ve cleaned and organized, painted and finished, landscaped and weeded, cooked and baked, washed windows, assembled lesson plans and materials, organized and led after-school activities for middle school girls, made cards for families with loved ones who are terminally ill or living in nursing facilities, and wielded power tools for construction. This year, we’ll be volunteering at a number of nonprofit agencies in Holland. To be sure that you’re alerted when it’s time to register, sign up for our email news. We only communicate about our event, and we never share email addresses without your permission.
What to Expect on October 5
For a morning or all-day session, plan to arrive at a worksite in Holland (we’ll let you know where) at 8:30 a.m. For an afternoon session, plan to arrive at Hope Church by noon, where we’ll gather for a celebration lunch (for which we ask a donation). We’ll hold a silent auction and raffle for this year’s recipient, so bring your checkbook!
Help Us Spread the Word
If you’re part of an organization or group of women that likes to make a difference in your community, help us spread the word about this year’s event on October 5. Here are some ways we suggest:
- “Like” our Facebook page.
- Share this page via Facebook.
- Follow or tweet our posts via Twitter. You can follow the day through photos and updates on Twitter (@womenserviceday) and tweet your own experiences, too.
- Follow along on Instagram. You can follow WSD and events leading up to the big day through photos and updates on Instagram (@womensserviceday). We’d love for you to share your own experiences and tag us on Instagram too.
- +1 and share our posts via Google+.
- Contact us for materials (newsletter copy, posters, and business cards) that will help you recruit volunteers within your organization!
Interested in supporting Women’s Service Day but you’ve got other commitments on October 5? We’d love your financial support. Email Women’s Service Day to find out other ways to contribute to the day.
Check back here at our website for more details about our event as the date approaches. Thank you for your willingness to help!