Join us as we celebrate our 20th year! Women’s Service Day 2021 is planned for Thursday, October 7, and it’s time to sign up! To be a part of this day of volunteering and networking, please register by September 26.
How to Register
We’re again using online registration by Sign Up Genius, which allows you to choose specifically where and when you’d like to volunteer on Women’s Service Day. Volunteer opportunities are limited; they’ll be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Safety is our priority! Please note that the WSD Planning Team has put these protocols in place for volunteer participation:
- Mask wearing is required indoors regardless of vaccination status
- Mask wearing is required outdoors when social distancing is not possible
- We follow CDC and State of Michigan DHHS guidelines for recommended protocols
Please keep two things in mind: Most agencies require that volunteers be 18 or older; look for notes on the few that are available to younger volunteers. And because some of our volunteers have physical limitations, please choose options that align with your capabilities.
If you’re not familiar with Sign Up Genius, just follow these four easy steps:
- GO TO THE FORM: Click here to go to the WSD 2021 Registration Form on Sign Up Genius.
- CHOOSE YOUR ASSIGNMENT: Click on the green “Sign Up” button next to a volunteer opportunity you’d like to do. To volunteer all day, choose both a morning and an afternoon assignment.
- If you have a physical limitation and don’t see an appropriate task for your abilities on the list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We definitely have a place for you!
- Got leadership skills? Consider signing up to be the leader of a volunteer crew. Read more about crew leader expectation and responsibilities.
- Once you’ve picked your assignment(s), click on the big purple “Submit and Sign Up” button.
- SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT: Create a Sign Up Genius account (or log in if you already have one). This will allow you to get email reminders and other important messages about the event.
- Complete the remaining questions on the form and click the big green “SIGN UP NOW” button.
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: You’re now all set for WSD on October 7! We’re counting on you, so make sure you add your assignment(s) to your calendar.
- And by all means, please invite your friends to sign up — the more the merrier!
Please note that we may add more volunteer activities in the next few weeks, so feel free to check back and see what’s new.
What to Expect on October 7
We are so excited for your enthusiastic participation on Women’s Service Day this year. Here’s what to expect….
For a morning or all-day session, plan to arrive at your worksite in Holland at 8:30 a.m. For an afternoon session, plan to arrive at our lunch location by noon for an outdoor celebration lunch. A $10 donation will cover your sandwich from Joe2Go, a local woman-owned business, and sides. BYOC (chair!) to sit under the tent sponsored by Herman Miller Cares; bring a jacket if the weather’s cool. All lunches will be pre-packaged.
We’ll hold a raffle to support Resilience, which advocates for ending domestic and sexual abuse in Ottawa and Allegan Counties. Bring your wallet!
We’ll also collect items to donate to Resilience. In 2020, the agency not only had a record number of shelter requests, but shelter stays were generally longer due to the lack of available housing during the pandemic.
Watch for additional details about our event in future blog posts!