We’re nearing the end of Women’s Service Season! For our grand finale to these three months of community action, we’re circling back to an agency that has impressed us with their commitment to the community and engagement with volunteers: Community Action House.
We think they’ll impress you too. Since March 1 this year, Community Action House has:
- Provided 300,000+ meals to over 5,000 neighbors
- Shared 1,000+ meals per week at the Community Kitchen
- Assisted 34 families with foreclosure
- Housed 16 neighbors who were living without shelter
The need continues to be dire. At Thanksgiving this year, they expect to serve more than 5,000 people from 1,500 families. We’re inviting you to help with a donation as they work to Make Thanksgiving Hunger-Free. And when you give, your donation may be doubled, thanks to Herman Miller Cares.
Here’s how you can help—and double your impact:
- Go online and donate or put a check in the mail.
- Note that it’s in honor of Women’s Service Season. Online, this means choosing “honor” toward the bottom of the form, and keying in “WSS” or “Women’s Service Season” in the Tribute Name field. If you mail a check, make the note on the memo line.
- Herman Miller Cares will match, up to $1,000, donations from Women’s Service Season volunteers
Women’s Service Day has volunteered with Community Action House every year since 2001. We have loved our long partnership and knowing that this organization serves everyone in our community. Watch our video to learn more about the campaign; follow @CommunityActionHouse on social media to stay informed about their ongoing work.
And, don’t forget! Your volunteer experiences by October 31 make you eligible for our Appreciation Awards contest: By November 6, tell us your story about participating in Women’s Service Season for a chance to win! (If you’d like an in-person experience to report on, check out what we learned at Nestlings!)
You can expand our impact by following, liking, and, most importantly, sharing Women’s Service Day and our partner agencies’ posts on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.