This year Women’s Service Day celebrates its 16th year of serving women and children in our community! The event is planned for Thursday, October 5 and it’s time to register now!
Women’s Service Day volunteers continue to make a huge difference in the lives of women and children in our community—approximately 9,000 cumulative volunteer hours since we began in 2001. And we’ve raised and donated more than $100,000 to various nonprofit organizations.
To be a part of this day of volunteering and networking, please register by September 15.
How to Register
This year, Women’s Service Day is using online registration by Sign Up Genius. This new system will allow you to choose specifically where and when you’d like to volunteer on Women’s Service Day. Volunteer opportunities are limited; they’ll be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please keep two things in mind: Most agencies require that volunteers be 18 or older; look for notes on the few that are available to younger volunteers. And because some of our volunteers have physical limitations, please choose options that align with your capabilities.
If you’re not familiar with Sign Up Genius, just follow these four easy steps:
1. GO TO THE FORM:
- Click here to go to the WSD 2017 Registration Form on Sign Up Genius.
2. CHOOSE YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
- Click on the green “Sign Up” button next to a volunteer opportunity you’d like to do.
To volunteer all day, choose both a morning and an afternoon assignment.
- If you have a physical limitation and don’t see an appropriate task for your abilities on the list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We definitely have a place for you!
- Got leadership skills? Consider signing up to be the leader of a volunteer crew. Read more about crew leader expectation and responsibilities.
- Once you’ve picked your assignment(s), click on the big purple “Submit and Sign Up” button.
3. SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT:
- Create a Sign Up Genius account (or log in if you already have one!). This will allow you to get email reminders and other important messages about the event.
- Complete the remaining questions on the form and click the big green “SIGN UP NOW” button.
4. MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- You’re now all set for WSD on October 5!
- We’re counting on you, so make sure you add your assignment(s) to your calendar.
- And by all means, please invite your friends to sign up — the more the merrier!
Please note that we may add more volunteer activities in the next few weeks, so feel free to check back and see what’s new.
What to Expect on October 5
For a morning or all-day session, plan to arrive at your worksite in Holland at 8:30 a.m. For an afternoon session, plan to arrive at Hope Church by noon, where we’ll gather for a celebration lunch (for which we ask a $5 donation). We’ll have a raffle to help the Center for Women in Transition provide safe activities for children who stay in Ginny’s Place, the Center’s shelter. Bring your checkbook!
We’ll also collect disposable diapers and wipes for Nestlings Diaper Bank, a clearinghouse that provides diapers to low-income families and babies. (Or donate directly to Nestlings online.)
Watch for additional details about our event in future communications. Thank you for your willingness to help!