We know: Fall is a busy time! Many women who would like to participate on Women’s Service Day find their calendars are booked and they aren’t able to register as volunteers for our one-day event on October 4.
If you have a passion for helping women and children and building community here in West Michigan, there are other ways you can help out without actually being present on October 4.
- You can donate to the Nuestra Casa neighborhood center project via Good Samaritan Ministries.
- Order your pig-in-the-blankets by October 1. All proceeds will benefit Nuestra Casa.
- Contribute to our networking lunch or silent auction/raffle fundraising efforts.
- Drop off donations for Breakfast with Baby, a local outreach program in Westcore neighborhood for pregnant women and single mothers with limited income. They most urgently need: diapers, wipes, and new clothing (sizes newborn – 2 T). Other donations that are appreciated include: crib sheets, baby lotions (wash, lotion, diaper rash cream), receiving blankets, and blankets. To make it even more convenient, our friends at office furniture manufacturer Herman Miller have graciously offered to accept donations at all of their West Michigan locations through October 3. Just leave your items with the front desk concierge, who will see they get into the donation boxes.
- Mainsite: 855 East Main Avenue Zeeland, MI
- The Greenhouse: 10201 Adams Street, Holland, MI
- 171st facility: 18558 171st Avenue, Spring Lake, MI
- Hickory facility: 17170 Hickory St, Spring Lake, MI
Every little bit helps!
And, if you can spare an hour, it’s not too late to join us for lunch, where you can bid on auction items and network with other women from our community. Feel free to bring a friend, but please register first!