Women’s Service Day 2012 will be here soon!
In the meantime, we thought we’d share some information about what you can expect before and during the event.
Date: Thursday, October 4
Location: Holland community
What to Expect: Like last year, we’ll focus on neighborhood revitalization and an opportunity for volunteers—alongside neighbors—to create “pride of place” in the City of Holland. Activities will range from on-site and off-site tasks in support of the Nuestra Casa neighborhood center, projects within Westcore neighborhood, and assignments at nonprofit agencies around Holland.
How to Register
- Make sure you’re on our mailing list, which you can do by opting-in to our communications. It’s a simple online form.
- Watch for our registration email to arrive in late August. You must register to participate so we can plan for you and secure an emergency contact phone number ahead of time. Not that we’ve ever needed one, but we always like to be prepared!
- Sign up using our online form. You can work in the morning, afternoon, or both shifts. We’ll be providing lunch at Hope Church, where you can network with volunteers, participate in our auction and raffle, and learn more about nonprofits in our community.
Help Us Spread the Word
If you’re part of an organization or group of women that likes to make a difference in your community, help us spread the word about this year’s event on October 4. Here are some ways we suggest:
- “Like” our Facebook page.
- Share this blog post via Facebook.
- Follow or tweet our posts via Twitter.
- Download our packet of information that includes a poster and official announcement to help you communicate with your church, nonprofit, place of employment, women’s group, book club etc.
Interested in supporting Women’s Service Day but you’ve got other commitments on October 4? We’d love your financial support. You can donate to the Nuestra Casa project via Good Samaritan Ministries or email Women’s Service Day to find out other ways to contribute to the day.
We’ll also be collecting donations for Breakfast with Baby, a local outreach program in Westcore neighborhood for pregnant women and single mothers with limited income. Stay tuned to see what’s on their wish list!